Midlands and National Events
Links are to tournament organisers' websites or entry forms. Events without links will have links uploaded when they have been received from county officials or organisers. Entries with TBA or TBC will have details uploaded shortly after the webmaster receives information from organisers.
For junior only events, please visit the "Junior Events" page.
- Volunteers required for Chess in Schools & Communities
- Sat 7 Dec to Sun 15 Dec. London Chess Classic at Olympia, London. The elite GM tournament with supporting 9-round Open, 5-round weekday and weekend tournaments, Rapidplay, and chess training sessions.
- Sat 28 Dec to Sun 5 Jan 2014. Hastings International Chess Congress at Horntye Park, Hastings. Contact Pam Thomas.
- Sat 4 & Sun 5 Jan 2014. Shropshire Congress at The Wrekin Housing Trust, Colliers Way, Old Park, Telford TF3 4AW. Open, Major (u160) and Minor (u125) tournaments.
- Sat & Sun 11, 12 Jan 2014. 4NCL Rounds 3 and 4 at Puma Hinckley Island Hotel, Leics.
- Sun 19 Jan 2014. Nottingham Rapidplay, at Nottingham High School, Nottingham NG7 4ED, 10am-6:30pm. Open, u160, u135, and u110 6 round tournaments.
- Sun 26 Jan 2014. Stockport Rapidplay at The Alma Lodge Hotel, 149 Buxton Road, Stockport SK2 6EL. 10am to 6pm 6-round Swiss. Half hour on the clock, Open, u170, u140 and u110 tournaments.
- Sat 8 & Sun 9 Feb 2014. MCCU Grand Prix Congress at Castle Hotel, Tamworth, Staffs. Details to follow.
- Sat & Sun 8, 9 Feb 2014. 4NCL Rounds 5 & 6 Division 3 North at Buxton, Derbys.
- Sat & Sun 15, 16 Feb 2014. 4NCL Rounds 5 and 6 at Puma Hinckley Island Hotel, Leics
- Sat & Sun 1, 2 Mar. Warwickshire Open at The Trident Centre, Warwick CV34 6SW. Five rounds, Open, u170, u145, u120 tournaments.
- Sat & Sun 12 & 13 Apr 2014. Staffordshire Congress at Bloxwich, Walsall. Premier (open), Major (u160), and Minor (u120) tournaments. Half point byes available. This event includes the closed Staffs Individual and under-21 championships.
- Sun 11 May. Salford Rapidplay at Grosvenor Casino, 5 Derwent Street, Salford M5 4SW, 9:30am to 5:30pm. Players must be over 18 years old and members of a Grosvenor Casino. Six-round FIDE Open, Major (u160), Minor (u120) tournaments. First round half point bye available. Discount for entry before April. Organised by Urmston and Salford Chess clubs with Grosvenor Casinos.